2FA: Setting up Phone/SMS based One Time Passcodes (OTP)
To Start Configuring 2FA click the following link and a new tab will open for the
Portal Guard Account Management Page [https://pgsso.cccd.edu]
If you are
switching to Phone/SMS OTP please go to:
Initial Phone Enrollment
When a User is added to the 2FA policy (as of 3/30/2019) they will be asked to enroll the default OTP device on their next login. Which device they will be prompted for is pre-configured for depending on which groups the user participates. A previously enrolled device will not show the below screen.
On the next screen you will be asked to VERIFY the phone number entered in Step 1 above. This Phone screen will show the last 4 of the number entered in the previous step, and the OTP sent should be valid for 10 minutes.
- Once verified initial Phone enrollment is now complete and on next login Phone/SMS OTP will be used. If you do not want Phone/SMS to be used please follow the desired OTP method from the : Two Factor Authentication (2FA) page.
If not logged in, login to your Portal Guard Account Management Page [https://pgsso.cccd.edu]
Once logged in click Registered Phones to show any currently registered phones.
Add a New Phone. (You might be asked to re-enter your current password to make this change.)
Type in your
cellular phone number and hit
A test OTP will be sent to your phone, please enter the OTP and click
- If you see "Phone Enrollment Successful" please click
Refresh the Account Management Page and continue below to the next section "Changing to Phone OTP."
Changing to Phone OTP
If not logged in, login to your
Portal Guard Account Management Page [https://pgsso.cccd.edu].
- Once logged in click "Password Recovery and Verification Methods with One-Time Passcodes" to show your current OTP Settings.
- Click Change next to "Website Login."
- In "Change Default OTP Method" use the drop-down to select Phone.
- Click Continue. (You might be asked to re-enter your current password to make this change.)
- On next login Phone/SMS OTP will be used.