How to Apply
Job descriptions and applications packets are available online by clicking on the appropriate links. Applicants are encouraged to use the online application resources.
Please read the following information regarding procedures for application and employment.
Application for Equivalency
(if applicable). If you do not meet the Minimum
Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges
for a part-time faculty, full-time faculty or educational administrator position, but you believe you possess a combination of education and experience that would be equivalent to the
state minimum qualifications, you will need to complete the Application for Equivalency form and attach it with your application.
Who needs to apply for Equivalency?
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions, but do not meet the
Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges,
may still apply to the position under an Equivalency. Applying on the basis of Equivalency means that the applicant feels they have a combination of
education and/or experience that would be equivalent to the state minimum qualifications, allowing them to teach under the discipline. Candidates must complete and upload an
Application for Equivalency, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application.
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and are submitting
foreign transcripts must attach a completed
Application for Equivalency to their online application. Additionally, any foreign transcripts
must be accompanied by a U.S. evaluation and translation from a NACES member organization. Please attach these documents to your online application, also.
NACES member organizationsAdditionally, in order to establish salary/class placement of hired faculty with the Coast Community College District, unless the degree is a doctorate in the discipline being taught, the highest class placement will be calculated by the number of upper division/graduate units earned past a bachelor's/master's degree. When requesting foreign transcripts to be evaluated, it is the
applicant/employee's responsibility to request to have the specific units evaluated as well (i.e., include the number of units earned per course and the level of the course taken [upper division, graduate, lower division, undergraduate, etc.]).
Note: The above information does not apply to Law degrees (J.D.). All J.D. degrees must be earned from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the California Bar Association (CBA).
Candidates who are applying for faculty and/or academic administrator positions and their
required degrees are not yet posted on their transcripts at the time of application must attach a completed
Application for Equivalency to their online application.
- Regulations governing employment procedures require a completed District online application form and other required documents as stipulated in the application instructions for all positions
- Carefully read all application instructions, attach all required documents, and respond to all supplemental questions.
- Applicants should include 3-5 professional references.
Be sure to review your application for accuracy and completeness
before submitting. All fields of the online application should be filled out. Changes cannot be made to your online application after it has been submitted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the applicants responsibility to make sure all application fields and materials are complete.
- Completed Application Packets must be received by the vacancy closing date. There are NO exceptions.
- Job descriptions are intended to provide all necessary information on a specific opening. For additional information, please call (714) 438-4714 or 438-4716. For TDD users, please call (714) 438-4755.
- Applications are accepted only for positions currently open. You must submit a completed application for each specific position for which you are applying.
- All documents submitted with your District employment application become property of the Coast Community College District and will not be returned. (Do not send original transcripts, official documents, or other materials if you are not requested to do so.)
- Supplemental application materials and additional information may be requested. It is important to carefully read all the vacancy instructions and provide complete answers.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
- Applications will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and screening by the selection committee.
- Applicants considered most qualified will be invited for an interview.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at the candidate's own expense.
Coast Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The District Office will not be able to advise you on the status of your application until after the position has closed.
- Please be patient as the screening process can take from 4-6 weeks after the closing date.
- Be sure to check your email regularly for application status updates.