Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Employment Banner Image

​​24-Hour Helpline 1-800-635-3616


The Coast Community College District provides access to confidential professional counseling for all active employees and family members through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP is a resource to help you deal with personal matters affecting your life. It provides confidential counseling through professionals outside the Company to assist in resolving problems.

Help is provided through Care Resources, Inc., by experienced professionals as well as licensed psychotherapists. They will help assess the problem and refer you to the appropriate resource.

How do I make an appointment?

Call the Care Resources, Inc. 24-hour hotline at 1-800-635-3616. An experienced counselor will call you to answer your questions and/or set up an appointment.

What kinds of problems will the EAP address?

The program can provide assistance for all kinds of personal problems:

  • Marital/family
  • Alcohol and drug abuse
  • Depression
  • Stress management
  • Financial troubles
  • Child/adolescent behavior problems


Is counseling really confidential?

Absolutely. Everything discussed in counseling sessions is completely confidential.

  • No information is entered in your personnel records.
  • No information about your personal problem is shared with Coast Community College District without your written consent.
  • No records are kept at Coast Community College District


If you contact EAP yourself, your employer will have no knowledge of your participation in counseling. If your supervisor refers you to the EAP and you choose to enter counseling, you alone may permit the EAP to inform your supervisor as to whether you kept the referral appointment and if you are following a treatment plan. No other information is divulged.

What if I need additional help?

Your employer pays for the evaluation sessions or up to 3 sessions every 6 months for you or your family member. If you need the help of an outside resource, your counselor will recommend the best service at a reasonable cost. Although you are responsible for the cost of treatment outside of the EAP, in many cases your Medical Plan will cover the majority of the expense. For those employees or dependents with an HMO, the EAP can help you to access appropriate treatment through your HMO. Check with your Benefits Office (ext. 84727) for name of preferred treatment providers.